SharpCap 3.1 Does not see point grey Grasshopper 3

backroadrider

SharpCap 3.1 Does not see point grey Grasshopper 3

Post by backroadrider »

Hi,

I am wondering if I am missing something obvious, but I have been unable to get SharpCap 3.1 to "see" my Grasshopper 3 camera. I am running FlyCapture 2.12.3.31 SDK (the latest) on a Win10 64 bit machine; however, the camera does not appear in the "Cameras" drop-down box (yes, I installed the Prereqs application and also rescanned for cameras).

The PtGrey camera works fine in FireCapture 2.6.08 as well as FlyCap2 viewer; and shows as working properly in Device Manager. My other cameras (ZWO & ATIK) work just fine with SharpCap.

I have been a happy user of FireCapture for several years, but I would like to switch to SharpCap to take advantage of what appears to be superior focusing tools. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 3.1 Does not see point grey Grasshopper 3

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

there is a suggestion here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=774&p=4631#p4631 - that you need to install the 32 bit version of FlyCapture to get things working. I think that means that I am missing a dll that I should be including in my installer but I haven't had time to get to the bottom of it yet.

hope this helps,

Robin
backroadrider

Post by backroadrider »

Thanks Robin,

Do you know if it is possible to install both 32 & 64-bit FlyCapture SDKs on the same 64-bit system? I saw someone mention they were going to try that, but it was not clear how it turned out.

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

yes, that will work fine. I have now worked out the missing files and they will be included in the next SharpCap 3.2 beta build, but for now just install FlyCap SDK x86.

cheers,

Robin