Sony A7R4 Bad Behavior Shooting Continuously

Ispybadguys

Sony A7R4 Bad Behavior Shooting Continuously

Post by Ispybadguys »

I just started yesterday trying to use Sharpcap with my Sony Camera. I am using Dougforpres’s ASCOM Driver. When I connect the camera I begins shooting continuously. Seems everything is working but it is using up the flash card as fast as it can. It also doesn’t seem to save any images to the capture folder.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sony A7R4 Bad Behavior Shooting Continuously

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's the way that SharpCap 3.2 works - it was designed for video style cameras that take images all the time and only save them on request.

Use SharpCap 4.0 instead (currently in beta testing). https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta

Turn off 'Live View' in the tool bar before opening the camera - it will then only take images on request (such as when you press the 'Snapshot' button).

hope this helps,

Robin
Donpedro1810

Post by Donpedro1810 »

Have the same problem with Sony A6000. After selecting the camera, pictures are taken without interruption. I installed version 4 of the Sharpcap. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you need to turn off 'Live View' before (or straight after) opening the camera - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Camera%20Basics

cheers,

Robin
Donpedro1810

Post by Donpedro1810 »

That is known to me, unfortunately switching from Live View only works after selecting the camera. :?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

are you sure? You can click on the 'Live View' button when no camera is open to de-activate live view (remove the blue background from the button). Then when you open the camera it should go directly into still mode without capturing any frames unless you tell it to.

cheers,

Robin