Sensor Analysis at bin2 =smart histogram at bin2?

DanK

Sensor Analysis at bin2 =smart histogram at bin2?

Post by DanK »

If Sensor Analysis is conducted at bin2, will the smart Smart Histogram give values for bin2 as well?

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis at bin2 =smart histogram at bin2?

Post by admin »

Hi,

you shouldn't be able to run the analysis at bin2 - it's not supposed to be allowed. If the camera has binning then the analysis will do a quick test to work out if it is additive or averaging and save that in the analysis data. SharpCap is then capable of including binning into its calculations.

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

I wonder if this is why Sensor Analysis got hung up when I tried it on the DS26c. I had the setting at bin 2

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Post by DanK »

My cameras (Mallincam) have Low Conversion Gain and a High Conversion Gain Settings. If I run sensor analysis in LCG mode are the smart histogram settings applicable only to that setting? Do I have to run a separate sensor analysis for the HCG setting if I want to make use of the smart histogram pertaining to that?

These cameras act more like an astro-imager in LCG mode, whereas the HCG setting is more relevant to EAA. The reason I raise the issue is because Smart Histogram's suggestions did not give good image results.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

yes, you do need to run the analysis for the mode you intend to use. The problem is that SharpCap has no idea which mode the camera is in, since Ascom gives no way for applications like SharpCap to find out about or control things like the HCG/LCG changeover. Basically that means you need to either pick mode and stick to it or manually swap in and out different sensor analysis files depending on which mode you use.

Cheers, Robin