Mallincam cameras sensor analysis and smart histogram

DanK

Mallincam cameras sensor analysis and smart histogram

Post by DanK »

Sharpcap doesn't have data on sensor analysis for Mallincamsky cameras. Am I correct to assume that when I conduct sensor analysis on my Mallincamsky Skyraider cameras this information is stored at a location Sharpcap will access and use smart histogram to determine the optimal gain and exposure settings?

I will install SC beta 4.0 and redo the sensor analyses. If there is a bug I will submit the bug file ASAP.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mallincam cameras sensor analysis and smart histogram

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

yes, absolutely correct - SharpCap will save the information on your computer in the folder

Code: Select all

C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\SensorCharacteristics
You can look in the folder and see the files for the cameras that you have personally measured.

There's one potential issue - if you have multiple cameras of the same make and use the ASCOM driver then the measurements may overwrite each other. This will happen if the camera manufacturer has been a bit lazy and has not implemented the SensorName information in their ASCOM driver - if that's the case then SharpCap has no idea of the difference between the different cameras.

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

Hi Robin:

I am more concerned with previous bug reports being overwritten by subsequent ones that are generated. The two cameras are on separate scopes and the ASCOM properties for the Mallincamsky DS10c is quite different than the Mallincamsky DS26c.

Given the format you provided as to where I should look for these bug/crash reports, I will now trek to my observatories and retrieve them (hopefully).

There should be several DS26c crashes with the SC 3.2 64 bit, one with Beta 4.0 on the DS10c...another one with SC 3.2 54 bit could have been caused by my repeatedly clicking on the Proceed button after the sensor /scope was uncovered but SC/ sensor analysis did not move to the next and final stage of analysis.

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Post by DanK »

Tried sensor analysis again with the Mallincamsky DS26c with the latest ASCOM (6.5 SP1) and again it hangs up before completing the first stage of sensor analysis.

Dan Kahraman