Use Canon 450D

albireo38

Use Canon 450D

Post by albireo38 »

Hello,

I would like to use my Canon EOS 450D on Sharpcap by waiting for having enough money to buy a better cam.

I have found ASCOM DSLR driver and I would like to use it on sharpcap.
After installing the driver ASCOM, and the DSLR Ascom driver, I connect my camera, I shutdown EOS utility and I open Sharpcap and I choose in camera menu the ASCOM camera driver for DSLR.
Then I have the following error message :
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (45.85 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
Do you know how to solve the issue ? I know that some people succeed to use this camera with scharpcap (in CN forum).

Thank you for your help.

Seb
admin
Site Admin

Re: Use Canon 450D

Post by admin »

Hi,

That particular error code is usually an indication that the driver that you are trying to talk to hasn't quite installed properly. I would be tempted to try repairing or uninstalling and then reinstalling the DSLR Ascom driver.

Cheers, Robin
AussieHowie

Post by AussieHowie »

Also, many have had driver problems. If reinstalling the version still does not work, then try installing another version ... or asking on Cloudy Nights forum what specific version they used to get 450d working.

And ... you need ASCOM to shoot RAW. You do not need ASCOM to shoot Jpegs. You can set EOS Utilities to save jpegs into a folder and then set SharpCap to monitor that folder. It is all explained in the link below.

Jpegs? RAW is so much better ... right? Wrong!!!! You are "trying out" EAA and EAA is not about getting the absolute best image. The shots are only short'ish exposure, and will never get Astrophotogrraphy picture of the day awards! So do not immediately dismiss the idea of shooting in jpeg with your DSLR just because everyone tells you to shoot RAW! Set jpeg, read the link below for how to set it up in SharpCap and you can immediately start EAA tonight without bothering with ASCOM. :)

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6626 ... try9391712
FearL0rd

Post by FearL0rd »

albireo38 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:35 pm Hello,

I would like to use my Canon EOS 450D on Sharpcap by waiting for having enough money to buy a better cam.

I have found ASCOM DSLR driver and I would like to use it on sharpcap.
After installing the driver ASCOM, and the DSLR Ascom driver, I connect my camera, I shutdown EOS utility and I open Sharpcap and I choose in camera menu the ASCOM camera driver for DSLR.
Then I have the following error message :
Capture.JPG

Do you know how to solve the issue ? I know that some people succeed to use this camera with scharpcap (in CN forum).

Thank you for your help.

Seb
please try this driver. I have a 450 and it is working https://github.com/FearL0rd/ASCOM.DSLR