.conv file

Jcdc

.conv file

Post by Jcdc »

Hello
I’m sure this has been asked and is probably explained but what is the .conv file? I was using rgb24 when imaging. Both open in autostackert as color. I was wondering what the diff is.

Thanks
Jim
turfpit

Re: .conv file

Post by turfpit »

Jim

See my second post, first bullet point, in this thread viewtopic.php?t=1005

Dave
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Thanks Dave. I did notice the .conv file is a bit sharper. Any quick tips using autostakkert. We thought the image should be a bit cleaner. Tough to focus. Jumping around like a jelly fish :)
Jim
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Jim

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1450.

I consider viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2597 my best lunar image to date. It didn't happen overnight.

Some lunar capture ideas viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2459

You mentioned jumping around, which suggests poor seeing. Try a Wratten #25 red filter which is helpful in steadying the atmosphere. I have also found an IR685 filter to be beneficial. Zooming in to around 150% can help with focus. Capture 5000+ frames and throw out the bad ones.

Dave
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Thanks Dave. We have got great shots of the moon as well. We are working on Mars. Right now I have the Baader uv/ir cut filter in front of asi224. without it things look too red. I have tried to use regisatx but it kept crashing. The wavelet module is helpful. I’m looking for a demo video on autostakkert

Thanks for focusing tip
Jim