DMK21AU618

CSW

DMK21AU618

Post by CSW »

Hello,
As a newcomer who has just tried to use the sharpcap programme for the first time today I have a very basic question please. I did watch a couple of tutorials before attempting to capture the sun... So armed with this information I set about setting the Gain, Exposure and Gamma as per my trusty guide... It was not possible for me to take the Gain below 260, [auto I put to off...] I was trying to go lower following my notes. The other two settings were also unable to below a certain point... Is this because of the camera or is it possibly because I don't have Sharpcap Pro? Thank you for your help with this.
CSW
admin
Site Admin

Re: DMK21AU618

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have the Celestron 445M camera here, which is also a CCD camera manufactured by the Imaging Source. The minimum gain on that camera is 174 and the maximum is 1023. I'm a little bit surprised that these cameras have again available at all as most CCD cameras don't. Anyway, I think the minimum value is set by the camera manufacturer a certainly nothing to do with having SharpCap pro or not.

Cheers, Robin
ClaireAstro

Post by ClaireAstro »

Thank you so much ... I need to wath more tutorials then.... :D
dspeltz

Post by dspeltz »

Having the read the posts about Imagingsource, I am still wondering why mine will not work with SharpCap v4.0945 64 bit). I am able to get my ZWO 120MM and 120MC working, but this Imagingsource DMK 51AU02.AS shows up in cameras selection, shows it is connected (previewing 0 frames but picture at 17 minuters which it is counting. Gain is on auto or 640 (tried both). Any ideas? Not enough RAM?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it sounds like almost everything is working but the camera is never sending any frames. Do you see the came in the 'Celestron/Imaging Source' heading of the Cameras menu or the DirectShow heading or both? My DMK32AU04 appears in both and seems to work fine in 64 bit SharpCap.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.98 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
Things I can suggest are

* Make sure you have the latest drivers (from https://www.theimagingsource.com/en-gb/ ... /download/) - probably the 'Device Driver for USB camers'

* Adjust the exposure - if that somehow defaults to a very large value maybe that explains why no frames.

* Try changing the resolution and colour space options if alternative values are available for your camera.

cheers,

Robin