DMK21AU618

CSW

DMK21AU618

Post by CSW »

Hello,
As a newcomer who has just tried to use the sharpcap programme for the first time today I have a very basic question please. I did watch a couple of tutorials before attempting to capture the sun... So armed with this information I set about setting the Gain, Exposure and Gamma as per my trusty guide... It was not possible for me to take the Gain below 260, [auto I put to off...] I was trying to go lower following my notes. The other two settings were also unable to below a certain point... Is this because of the camera or is it possibly because I don't have Sharpcap Pro? Thank you for your help with this.
CSW
admin
Site Admin

Re: DMK21AU618

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have the Celestron 445M camera here, which is also a CCD camera manufactured by the Imaging Source. The minimum gain on that camera is 174 and the maximum is 1023. I'm a little bit surprised that these cameras have again available at all as most CCD cameras don't. Anyway, I think the minimum value is set by the camera manufacturer a certainly nothing to do with having SharpCap pro or not.

Cheers, Robin
ClaireAstro

Re: DMK21AU618

Post by ClaireAstro »

Thank you so much ... I need to wath more tutorials then.... :D