Exception error when connecting guide cam

Jcdc

Exception error when connecting guide cam

Post by Jcdc »

Hello
New to SharpCap but holding my own. Question: when using polar alignment tool I get an exception error when connecting to Orion star shoot guide cam. I push through it and it connects but sometimes doesn’t. Is this correctable? When it does connect the pa tool works awesome. Less then 2 minute off the pole. Is it a driver issue. I reloaded the driver and it still does it. Any advice would be great. Thanks Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Exception error when connecting guide cam

Post by admin »

Hi,

What message do you get in the error? I seem to recall that the SSAG Ascom driver had a bug when you tried to show the camera properties – the driver would try to read a setting that didn't exist and cause a crash. SharpCap now spots and ignores this and tries to carry on, which usually works.

It would be cool if Orion issued an updated driver that fix this problem, but I'm not aware that this has ever happened.

Cheers, Robin
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Thanks robin I will check the error but yes it was when I trying to mess with the gain. Pushed through it. But I two occasions it would not load cam. Program works great otherwise. Dec axis nice and quiet after polar alignment. So much better than old routine. Thanks for the note! Jim
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Hi robin
I can’t get sharpcap to connect to eq6r. Keep saying com3 failed no Sky-watcher mount detected. Power is on and connected to com 3. Verified by device manager. Using eqmod driver and connects fine with apt. What am I doing wrong. Thanks a bunch
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Solved Had to change sharpcap hardware setting to eqmod 5/6 vice Sky-watcher mount. All good. just had to think for a bit

Thanks
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jim,

good to hear you have it sorted.

thanks,

Robin