Horizontal Lines on NexImage5 from Celestron

felipesg

Horizontal Lines on NexImage5 from Celestron

Post by felipesg »

Hi,

I'm having this issue with version 3.0, with this new version (or recent versions as happened with 2.9 and 2.8 also) I see horizontal Lines on the video.

This doesn't happen on version 2.6 or other capture Software.

A sample is here comparing the same camera, scope and subject with version 2.6 and version 3.0.

Version 2.6 - no horizontal lines
https://youtu.be/hs0cYiDnmtE

Version 3.0 - Weird horizontal lines.
https://youtu.be/D3QNhvIlXWM

Is there something I can do about this?

Thank you.
felipesg

Re: Horizontal Lines on NexImage5 from Celestron

Post by felipesg »

Watching now the SharpCap 3.0 Looks like 30 FPS.

on Both versions I configured a video of 20 secs at 4 FPS.

And from Windows Explorer I noticed the difference.
NexImage SharpCap.jpg
NexImage SharpCap.jpg (71.54 KiB) Viewed 11621 times

Weird.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap 2.6 did not directly support the Celestron cameras, so in that version you must be using the DirectShow (webcam) driver for your device which appears to be working correctly.

I can see the lines you are referring to in your other video - it looks like a data dropout during the transfer of the frame (ie some of the frame data is being corrupted for a short period during transfer).

I'm somewhat limited in the help I can give as I no longer have any Celestron cameras to work with and I certainly don't recall this issue when I did have a NexImage 5 on loan. Some general troubleshooting suggestions

* Try a different (shorter) USB cable or a different port on the PC
* If you are using a hub or extender cable, try without.
* Update the driver for the camera to the very latest version (https://www.theimagingsource.com/suppor ... r-windows/)
* Go back to using the webcam driver for the camera in SharpCap 3.0 (just choose the option further down the list in the 'DirectShow Cameras' section.

If none of this helps, do let me know as I have one last roll of the dice - there is a newer version of the Celestron SDK I can try putting into a build for you, but the changelog since the version I am already using is only

Code: Select all

Changelog
    Saving RGB64 video format as TIFF resulted in a black image. This has been fixed now.
which makes me think that it is unlikely to help much :(

cheers,

Robin
felipesg

Post by felipesg »

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your fast answer.

I was checking this issue for a long time now.
What I did already:
- USB Cables swicth - None of them worked, but glad because I bought a longer cable ;)
- Different USB ports on the PC - I don't use hubs
- Different PC
- Up to date drivers from Imaging source.

Yesterday, I came to the forum for the first last time and saw a post where you said to someone that the connection to the camera has changed on version (don't remember the version) that made me think to try with an older version (Camera works fine with Icap and FireCapture, but I prefer SharpCap because is simple to use, and my images are better with SharpCap 8-) ).

Version 2.6 did the trick.

If the issue cannot be solved is ok, I will keep the 2.6 for Imaging and V. 3 to Polar Align.

I will test your suggestion about the DirectShow Camera (think I did it before) and let you know.

Thank you.

Ps: Thank you for this great piece of software.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, good to hear that you have a workaround for now. I will try to include the new Imaging Source SDK in the next version just in case that helps.

cheers,

Robin
felipesg

Post by felipesg »

Hi Robin,

DirectShow Camera did the Trick. Thank you :)

Think I always took the Celestron/Imaging Source Cameras because there is a warning when choosing the DirectShow Option.

Thank you.!!!