I can't install my license! Help!

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
starblind

Re: I can't install my license! Help!

Post by starblind »

I wouldn't go that far. I have a rather interesting update. Adding a "normal display" to the Surface Book fixed the problem and I can run Sharpcap on both the Surface Book and the add on monitor. Odd, but interesting nonetheless. I'm at work figuring this out.... Disconnect the monitor(s) and reboot, run Sharpcap and now it's working correctly. Windows 10 foibles.... Or just display inconsistencies. Either way, don't go spending any cash just yet. I will try this out on a couple of other HDPI laptops here at the office and get back to you. We have a new Dell XPS system as well as the new Lenovo with the touchscreen display. We may just be able to narrow this down to the Surface Pro 3/4 machines and everything else works. I know not a lot of people out there are using these high end laptops, but down the road a lot of the older stuff will dies off, and these will be the replacements. I will get back to you later today.

Bob.
admin
Site Admin

Re: I can't install my license! Help!

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

thanks for the further feedback and good to hear that you have discovered a workaround (however unexpected!). I think I will have to get an HD monitor at some point as they will become more popular, but I will hold off for now.

cheers,

Robin