Having to re-enter Sharpcap Pro License Info

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
eoverstreet

Having to re-enter Sharpcap Pro License Info

Post by eoverstreet »

I am being asked to re-enter my sharpcap pro license info - the implication is that I do not have the pro version activated. It happened one other time in the last few weeks. I dismissed the first one as a probably mistake on my part regarding registration steps....But I did get the Pro Version activated. Last night I tried to use the Flat routine and I got the pop up box letting me know I would need to purchase the "Pro Version." I have done several updates since the first episode and guess I need to double check to make sure I am still PRO with each update. Is the the norm? Is the requirement to re-activate to the PRO account needed with each update?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Having to re-enter Sharpcap Pro License Info

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, this is not expected - once you have entered your license once it should automatically be transferred when you perform a minor upgrade (ie 3.1.5193 to 3.1.5214) or install a new version (ie 3.1 to 3.2). You can always check whether the license is installed properly by going to Help->SharpCap pro license - it should show your license and 'Valid' below it if all is well.

To try to give some idea of situations where you might be required to enter your license again:

* You have logged onto the computer as a different user to the one who originally licensed SharpCap
* You entered your license on SharpCap 3.1, but have now installed an older version (ie SharpCap 3.0) - the license does not move back automatically to the older version

Hope this helps,

Robin