Latest update

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
melvin

Latest update

Post by melvin »

I am not a computer expert or anywhere near one but I updated to the latest version of Sharpcap (3.1) and although I had the software open, that is where I found the link for the latest update, when I finished updating I noticed it did not appear to have over written the older version. I had the icon on my desktop and this is where I had two versions so I deleted the older one. Am I right in that I now have two versions or is it just the icons on the desktop. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest update

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think what you are saying is that you had SharpCap 3.0 installed and you then installed 3.1 and you were surprised that 3.0 didn't go away - is that right?

If it is then it's how things are supposed to work - you can keep SharpCap 3.0 and install 3.1 too. You can even have 2.9, 2.8 etc on your machine as well.

This is a bit of an unusual approach for software to take, but one of the things I am very concious of is the value of clear observing nights. By allowing you to keep your old version of SharpCap as well as install the new one it means that if you do have some unexpected problem with the new version on a clear night, you can instantly switch back to using the old version rather than having to waste observing time downloading, uninstalling, installing, etc.

hope this helps,

Robin
melvin

Re: Latest update

Post by melvin »

Hi, yes that makes sense, thank you.