Version3.1 and star focus

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
PostmanBob

Version3.1 and star focus

Post by PostmanBob »

Hi,
I am brand new to sharpcap after reasonable success using a canon 450d at prime focus. Trying ZWO ASI120mc. First go 2 nights ago gave half reasonable image of the moon and skywatcher 150 pds tracked well at lunar rate. Then centred M42 trapezium but sidereal rate drifted but should stars still be more or less pin points of light whereas all I could achieve was largish blobs of out of focus light and as I have read in a previous post image preview was intermittent at up to 20 secs. and ver difficult to manage. My other problem is that I can only use version 3.0 Sept 17 as any newer version seems to be in conflict between my windows8.1 and my AVG internet security. I have tried all remedies and suggestions from both formats but all versions after including 3.1 ( which by the way runs fine in windows 7 ) will not open. Any help will be really appreciated. ps. It was perishingly cold on the Lincolnshire Wolds 2nights ago
PostmanBob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Version3.1 and star focus

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

can't offer much to help with AVG I'm afraid - I just installed AVG free on an old Win8 box (not even Win 8.1) and I could install/uninstall/run SharpCap 3.1 (latest build 3.1.5049) correctly with no AVG problems. My machine is currently installing 122 updates - I will check again once it is fully up to date to see if that changes anything.

As to the focus - check out this documentation for help on focusing - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Focusing - also remember that you are looking at your ZWO camera images at 1:1 scale or maybe even higher, where you tend to look at DSLR images zoomed out - look at both 1:1 to check how good the relative focus is between them.

cheers,

Robin
PostmanBob

Re: Version3.1 and star focus

Post by PostmanBob »

Hi,
Ok and thanks for the reply, I will study posts on usb problems and usage and keep trying to hone Sharpcap skills..Watch this space I suppose
PB