how to get rid of GRID pattern on images ?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
turfpit

Re: how to get rid of GRID pattern on images ?

Post by turfpit »

Zeeman

I have managed to download all the files. Working with the 540Mb 23_43_04.avi file:

compare.JPG
compare.JPG (14.9 KiB) Viewed 753 times

The left hand image is a screen capture from a playback of your data. The right hand image is typically what I would expect to see with a playback of captured data. Trying to stack the AVI with Autostakkert is not working.

I think your best way forward is to capture more data. Have a read of my response in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4698.

Choose RAW8, SER and reduce your capture area (ideally down to 640x480 as this will increase the fps). Leave Debayer Preview ON. Use only the camera controls Gain & Exposure. Leave the rest of the settings alone. Try to capture 1000 frames. The SER file can be played back by using SER Player from the PIPP website. Use only Autostakkert and Registax to process the captured file. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1156

A common mistake when starting out is to try to make the image on the screen look like the desired end result. This cannot happen with planetary imaging as you are fighting the atmospheric turbulence. The software for stacking and wavelets will help bring out detail and balance the colour.

When you post back, include the SharpCap capture settings file.

Good luck.

Dave
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

Another option is to stack/debayer in Autostakkert and only do the post in Registax. AS even has an option to open the image directly in Registax immediately after stacking. Works pretty well.

Edit: Just saw Dave's post. Nothing to add really.
Zeeman Zeeforce

Post by Zeeman Zeeforce »

Hello dave and zeroaltitude ... thanks both you for your advice. I am using the SV305 Camera and its supposed to be color and i am using the debayer and also I have another Jupiter file that looks cleaner and better. I have included the RAW file, maybe it can be processed in color. Please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16qAdQe ... sp=sharing

Also, I just used the above file and applied your recommended senttings: SER 8bits, Debayer On ... etc. and I do get a Colored Jupiter, its more on the Red color. But maybe this is better? Here is the PIPP FILE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ST0RfB ... sp=sharing

Again, Thanks a Million.

Zeeman
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Zeeman

I managed to produce this from the small file - Autostakkert (for stacking) + Registax (colour balance and wavelet slider 2).

2.JPG
2.JPG (10.17 KiB) Viewed 737 times

I could get nothing worthwhile from the large AVI file. I see no benefit in continuing with this data as I am unsure as to what processes it has been put through.

I still think you are better off capturing a new set of data using settings I have provided above. Use SER, leave Debayer Preview on, reduce the capture area which will increase your frames per second rate, capture 1000 frames if possible. See my post in here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4698. Don't try to make the image being captured look like the finished article - software in post processing will do that.

Before connecting the camera in SharpCap, hold down the CONTROL key - this will put all camera settings back to default.

When you post back, include the capture settings file from Sharpcap.

Dave
Zeeman Zeeforce

Post by Zeeman Zeeforce »

Thanks dave ! That image looks better than anything I could have processed !! .... yes I am going to have to get a new set of data and use all the settings you provided, and I will also review the other topics you posted about this ... and we will just go from there !

Again, I appreciate all of your help and input.

Zeeman