Installing AstroTortilla

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Rocket_Guy

Installing AstroTortilla

Post by Rocket_Guy »

Has anyone had problems loading Astrotortilla? I recently got a new computer and after installing SharpCap, I set about loading AstroTortilla. AstroTortilla seemed to load ok, but SharpCap was not able to find the program. Upon investigating, it seems a number of Cygwin were not installed. In particular, the bin directory and a number of required files were nowhere to be found. I've tried loading AstroTortilla twice now and neither time did these files get installed. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on? Thanks, Bill
Rocket_Guy

Re: Installing AstroTortilla

Post by Rocket_Guy »

... a number of Cygwin files were not installed ...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

which version of AstroTortilla were you using? The latest I have installed is 0.8 alpha1, which seemed to work.

You could always try installing Ansvr or ASPS - basically the same solving engine with different installers.

cheers,

Robin
Rocket_Guy

Post by Rocket_Guy »

Hi Robin. Thanks for the reply. Not sure why I was having so much trouble. I was using AstroTortilla 0.7, but 0.8a worked no better. I tried loading ASPS and that program loaded, but not the index files. I finally ended up loading the index files using AstroTortilla and loading ASPS for plate solving. That all finally worked, but it was a weird workaround. Thanks again for your wonderful program. I am always learning new things about Sharpcap and am continually amazed at its versatility and capability.

Best, Bill