Questions

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
ASTROPHOBE

Questions

Post by ASTROPHOBE »

Hello to the forum , :)

I just installed S/C and it looks pretty cool got a couple questions , I guess beyond app guiding ?...I normally use Maxim for camera control including guiding as it looks at declamation in the astronomy window as you do not have to indicate it...
I am using a a zwo o71 mc color( er will when the clouds leave due to purchase }... :( ...Does the program run well with other consecutive programs ?

I look forward to trying S/C...curious about multi controls..

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

many ASCOM devices - mainly mounts also some focusers and filter wheels - are designed to be controlled from more than one program at a time and SharpCap will happily share access to those devices with other programs. So for example you could have an EQMOD controlled mount connected in SharpCap (for adjustments and plate solving), in a planetarium application and in a guiding application.

Cameras (ASCOM or non ASCOM) tend not to work this way - you can normally only connect a camera to one application at a time, so if you used your ZWO071 in SharpCap, you will be unable to use it in other applications. If you have a separate guide camera you could continue to use that in other applications of course.

cheers,

Robin
ASTROPHOBE

Re: Questions

Post by ASTROPHOBE »

Hi Robin,

thanks for the reply , :)

I do use eqmod which acts as a hub and plays well with other apps , I find myself in a different camera control gig with the CMOS camera as I am a ccd user for about fifteen years , I will check S/C out as soon as these nasty clouds leave town.

Steve