Sharpcap and Astap

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Dennis68

Sharpcap and Astap

Post by Dennis68 »

Help Robin,
I'm trying to use Astap for my plate solver in SC but when I install it and try to solve I get the following message.
Press ok to ignore and risk data corruption
Press Abort to Kill program
SC tells me to update to the latest version of Astap (which I have done) and that would solve the problem but to no avail.
Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. By the way the SC suggestion on screen also tells me that no log was created for this event.
I'm using SC version 3.2.6482
Thank you in advance
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap and Astap

Post by admin »

Hi,

it looks similar to this : viewtopic.php?t=2993 - however that has now been fixed.

Does it give any other information about what might be the error in addition to the abort/continue options? In the link above you can see that the 'access denied' error was part of the message from Astap which helped track down the cause.

thanks,

Robin
Dennis68

Post by Dennis68 »

The message did state that SC didn't create a solve log file and that was the reason for the failure. Doesn't seem to be any thing else mentioned/
Dennis68

Post by Dennis68 »

I just took another look and the warning does say Access Denied but nothing else.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try SharpCap 4.0 beta please? (https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta)

I think I only fixed the bug related to spaces in the filenames in 4.0, not in 3.2

cheers,

Robin
Dennis68

Post by Dennis68 »

Will do. I will let you know how it turns out
Dennis68

Post by Dennis68 »

My hat is off to you Sir. You are a magician. The Beta version 4 fixed the issue easily. Thank you for not only your fix but the quick response to my concern. Not only have you created a program that is wonderful to use but you back it up with incredible IT. Thank you once again.
Clear Skies
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

glad to hear that you have everything working now. Hope you too have some clear skies for imaging!

cheers,

Robin