No Change After Upgrade to Pro!

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
js10

No Change After Upgrade to Pro!

Post by js10 »

With the weather starting to get better here now, I finally upgraded to Pro. However, while it says, after pasting the code, that my license if "valid," I don't see any change to the software at all -- it's like nothing happened. That being the case, it looks like I spent the money to upgrade to Pro but am still using the regular version. My question is, therefore, how to I actually trigger the change to the Pro version? Thank you.
chongo228

Re: No Change After Upgrade to Pro!

Post by chongo228 »

Have you tried to use some of the pro features? Do you see a lightning bolt on the display histogram on the right?

Many of the pro features are accessed through various menus so the normal image capture screen would look about the same. Some differences would be small. The display histo lightning bolt is just a small button that would appear. It would be easy to miss.
js10

Post by js10 »

Well, the problem is that I'm not actually using it yet -- I only just downloaded it. Unless I'm mistaken, I can't actually access the histogram until I'm actually live stacking. So you're saying that there are no obvious changes to the software's interface itself?
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

The display histogram is on the right and is always active (even outside of live stacking). Live stacking has it's own histogram that offers more control than the smaller display histogram. The display histogram really just a small convenient reference to quickly check. With SC pro you can have the display do a quick stretch to get a better look at your data. The live stack histo offers you much more control to fine tune your image.
js10 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:23 am So you're saying that there are no obvious changes to the software's interface itself?

I'm saying you might have missed it if you're not familiar with the software. Some of the tools are hidden under menus so they would not jump out at you. Others tools....like the display stretch lightning bolt are just small buttons that either appear or just become active. Visually you might not see a big difference unless you're very familiar with the SC menu but all the functionality changes are big. Verify the features are active so you know your license is good and then slowly familiarize yourself with the program.
js10

Post by js10 »

Okay, yes I see what you mean now. Thank you! Yes, the difference certainly is subtle, but that little lightning bolt button (along with two others below it) is there.

But now just one more thing. Unless I'm missing something, what happened to fields such as Flip and Turbo USB and maybe a few others? They seem to have disappeared. Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

which fields appear depends on which camera you are using (and sometimes what colour mode - ie RGB/RAW etc you have it in). Another possibility is that the group containing the controls you are looking for has been collapsed.

Finally, always choose your camera from the first menu item that mentions it in the camera menu - it may appear more than once and the ones lower down come from ASCOM or Webcam drivers which have less functionality.

cheers,

Robin
js10

Post by js10 »

Actually, yes, I figured that out last night after actually using my telescope (and Sharpcap) for the first time in a few months due to the cold weather. I actually meant to respond last night but I was just too tired when I got back. But what apparently threw me off is that I had been using the software's test cameras to look at the side panels, and I thought that they mirrored the real thing exactly. I guess that's not the case, though, as when I connected my actual ZWO camera, those features did, in fact, return. Still, it's good to know that additional information just in case. Thank you!