Live view delay

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
PJMahany

Live view delay

Post by PJMahany »

When I'm using the regular live view using the full frame of a QHY268c camera it oftens takes > 20s to update to the screen. If I reduce the format to a rather small 800x600 or so then it more like expected. In TSx full frame live view is indeed live. I am using version 6.2.6442. both TSx and Sharpcap are using the internal USB2 bus of the MX+. When I use a direct USB3 connection to an ASUS Gaming Laptop the behavior is unchanged. Buffer issues?

PJM
chongo228

Re: Live view delay

Post by chongo228 »

Have you adjusted the memory sliders?

Go to File>Sharpcap settings>memory and slide the Live stack and display slider all the way up. When/If you ever switch to planets and need a fast frame rate slide the other one up in the same menu.
PJMahany

Post by PJMahany »

Thanks, I'll give it a try

PJM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Qhy cameras have a 'USB traffic' control – this starts at a fairly safe value that usually ensures the camera works reliably but will reduce the frame rate. Try turning this control value *down* and see if you get an improvement to the frame rate. Note that if you turn it down too far you may find that the camera stops responding entirely – in that case turn it back up a bit :)

Cheers, Robin