SharpCap 3.2 and 3.3 versions?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
bluesilver

SharpCap 3.2 and 3.3 versions?

Post by bluesilver »

Hi, I hope i have posted this in the right section here.
I currently have the latest pro version of SharpCap 3.2
I just came across a few people mentioning the 3.3 version on a different form.
The 3.3 version is referred to as 3.3 Beta.

I am just interested to know what the difference is between the two as the latest updates all seam to be for the 3.2 version.
Dose the 3.3 Beta version work on Windows 10?
I am planning to use a DLSR via ASCOM and from what some are saying is to use the 3.3 version as 3.2 is not dslr friendly

I have a bit of a look on the download site and i could be wrong here, but it reads that the 3.3 is only good for a few months, is this correct?
As i have the pro version in the 3.2, will the license carry over to the 3.3 version or do i require a separate license for that version?

Sorry for all the questions, but hoping someone might be able to help me out there.
Thanks.
chongo228

Re: SharpCap 3.2 and 3.3 versions?

Post by chongo228 »

It will work on Windows 10.

I can't speak for any DSLR functions as I don't use one.

It's only good for a few months because these versions are early in the testing phase. They still have bugs that are being worked out. If you want a more polished version wait until the official release date. I believe the expiration date is to encourage people to stay with the current version to help bug test.

If you choose to download 3.3 and use it the expiration date gets pushed back with each update. The official release will function just like 3.2 with many added features. Your pro license will carry over.

If you want to read about the features read the first page of this.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3121
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 3.2 and 3.3 versions?

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, chongo228 is absolutely correct – the time limit gets pushed back each time I put out a new update (or at least when we get close to the time limit in the latest version). The reasoning behind this is to try and keep people using the prerelease version fairly up-to-date – otherwise there is a big risk of getting reports for bugs that keep coming in even if the bug has been fixed for some time.

Cheers, Robin