Switching between two filter wheels

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
umasscrew39

Switching between two filter wheels

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hi Robin

I have an 80mm telescope piggybacked on top of a C11". I have a filter wheel working on the C11" and use a filter drawer on the 80mm. I am thinking of adding a filter wheel to the 80mm as well since my scope is so high up in the observatory that a filter drawer is impractical. My question is: Will SharpCap recognize whichever filter wheel I select in the equipment settings? It works that way for my 2 auto-focusers, one on each scope, but I want to confirm this before buying a second filter wheel.

Thanks,
Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Re: Switching between two filter wheels

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

SharpCap should happily talk to any filter wheel that has a working Ascom driver. It may be a good idea to get a different brand of filter wheel to your existing one – while some Ascom drivers allow you to have multiple copies of the same device, others don't, so it may be easier to just have two separate brands so you can be sure of which wheel you are going to talk to.

SharpCap 3.3 also add support for multiple separate SharpCap profiles – this would allow you to get one profile setup perfectly for your main scope and another setup just right for the piggyback scope, then have two shortcuts on the desktop to launch the two different profiles. See this post for more info viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1255&p=17392#p17392

Cheers, Robin
umasscrew39

Re: Switching between two filter wheels

Post by umasscrew39 »

ahhhhh......excellent!

Thanks much, Robin

Bruce