Dropping Images

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
John Hughes

Dropping Images

Post by John Hughes »

Hello I have have had Sharp Cap from the beginning of this year and it has been pretty much trouble free. But the other night I set up a capture of 150 second exposures and it would not capture the but kept dropping them. I shut down Sharp Cap and started it up again but it was still not capturing. I checked the settings and tried 1 second exposures which were captured. I went to 10 second exposures and they too captured but when I went back to 150 second exposures it would not. Can you help with this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dropping Images

Post by admin »

Hi John,

can you tell us which camera model you are using? Some brands of camera change their mode of operation between shorter exposures (often less than two seconds) and longer exposures. It sounds like you may have encountered a problem where the longer exposures are not working and the shorter ones are, but knowing the exact camera model will help confirm this.

Cheers, Robin
John Hughes

Post by John Hughes »

Hello Robin
I am using a ZWO ASI 294 MC Pro. As I said I have been using it with sharp cap problem free until just the other night when it kept dropping the longer 150 second exposures that it was capturing fine earlier.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is another discussion of similar issues going on in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1883&start=20

One user had the problem resolved by swapping out the camera, another is still having issues after a camera swap.

I have seen cases where similar problems with dropped frames are occurring because the camera has disconnected from USB - if that happens then the failure will coincide with a message in the log that looks a bit like the one below

Code: Select all

Received hardware change event for removal of \\?\USB#VID_03C3&PID_1603#5&31b9d28b&0&17#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} (@oem33.inf,%vid_03c3&pid_1603.devicedesc%;ZWO ASI1600MM COOL Camera)
This is SharpCap recording a notification that came from windows saying that the USB device had disconnected. If you do see messages like that in the log at roughly the time that the camera stopped working then it will either be a USB wiring issue or something potentially internal to the camera itself causing it's on-board systems to perhaps reset or crash?

Thanks, Robin