Nexstar 6SE mount controls via CPWI

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
vetie

Nexstar 6SE mount controls via CPWI

Post by vetie »

Hello,

First off, I would like to thank those behind the creation and maintenance of this software. As a software developer myself, I understand how much work goes into creating and supporting such a large project.

GREAT JOB!!!

After trying out the software and seeing how active the creator is in the forums, I wanted to support this software and purchased the pro version which I am still learning. I have my scope (Nexstar 6SE, Celestron focus motor and Starsense) working fine in CPWI and for the most part, working fine when using the controls within Sharpcap but I can't figure one small thing out.

When I use the move scope tools in Sharpcap, more specifically the left and right move controls, my scope actually moves the opposite way. So if my scope is level in altitude and I press the right move control, my scope will move left and if I press the left control my scope moves right (the up and down work as you would expect them to).

When I use the CPWI move controls outside of SharpCap, my scope will move in the correct direction. Am I missing a setting or something somewhere where I could swap the controls so my scope will move in the correct direction within Sharpcap?

Thanks again for the great software and support, I will continue to support this awesome software for as long as I stay in the hobby!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Nexstar 6SE mount controls via CPWI

Post by admin »

Hi,

Glad to hear that you like using SharpCap :-)

the problem you are having with the CPWI directions is going to be fixed in SharpCap 3.3 – there will be extra options to allow you to reverse the directions of the movement buttons to allow people to fine tune this for their own individual hardware (unfortunately not all hardware works in the same way).
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.98 KiB) Viewed 766 times
There should be a publicly available beta test version of SharpCap 3.3 very shortly.

Cheers, Robin
vetie

Re: Nexstar 6SE mount controls via CPWI

Post by vetie »

That's awesome news Robin, thank you!