Plate solve using ps2

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Jcdc

Plate solve using ps2

Post by Jcdc »

Hello
I was wondering if sc only uses Astro tortilla or asps to plate solve. I am using ps2 near solve with apt and I can’t direct sc to recognize ps2
Thanks
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solve using ps2

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap currently doesn't have any support built in for PS2 plate solving – the same question has been asked a couple of times before so I will certainly consider it as a possible future feature.

Cheers, Robin
WilliamS

Post by WilliamS »

+1 for plate solving with PS2. I use it very successfully with APT with images from a Lodestar for EEA/EEVA.

Cheers
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Indeed. I have a second question. I have loaded asps and all looks fine. I am assuming one needs to snap a shot and choose the plate solve tool. It is cloudy here and my question is after I snap the shot do I have to open it from the capture folder then solve? I have other fit files I have tried load and it doesn’t load. I guess I could wait till clear weather but wanted a heads up before. :)
Thanks
Jim
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Follow up. Issue resolved. Works perfectly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good news ;)

cheers,

Robin
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Everything work Solved and centered. I have a general question. Where does sharpcap get the focal length of scope as I have two scopes that I run it on. Or do I not have to worry about it. Thanks Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Right now, you don't need to worry about it. SharpCap runs the plate solving application in a way that lets the application work out the field of view automatically. In the future, I'm thinking of adding a way to let you specify your focal length as it will enable some additional functionality to be added, and then I will have to work out how to deal with multiple telescopes and so on. :-)

Cheers, Robin
Jcdc

Post by Jcdc »

Thanks like I said it solved and centered on a scope with 442 fl. The other scope is 1400. Both sets of indexes are loaded. If I have nothing to set then fine 😀
Thanks jim