Problems Downloading Updates to SharpCap Pro

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
pmadigan1498

Problems Downloading Updates to SharpCap Pro

Post by pmadigan1498 »

I have tried to update from v3.2.(6194) to v3.2.(6248) on numerous occasions. It downloads fine but when the option to "Install and Relaunch" is selected, nothing happens. It just exits the application. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems Downloading Updates to SharpCap Pro

Post by admin »

Hi,

it seems to do that for a very small number of people – I'm not sure that we have worked out the reason. The easiest thing is to go to the downloads page, download the latest version manually and install that. There's no need to uninstall your old version first - that will be handled automatically.

Cheers, Robin
BillCol

Post by BillCol »

I have a ZWOASI120mm Mini and I would like to use it in SharpCap.. My other cameras work fine with SharpCap.I tried upgrading to SharpCap Pro but can't get past the pay Now page..Can I order it on CD with a key so I can register it? Thanks and Clear Skies.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm afraid the only way to buy the pro license is to pay online using Paypal - we don't do CD versions or even card payments and posting a license code (actually I think I'd have to go look in the loft for a computer with a CD or DVD drive these days!).

However, right now I'd advise you not to try to purchase the pro license - it won't help make your ZWO 120 mini work correctly if it is not working correctly with the free version.

What I would advise is getting the latest version of SharpCap from

https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

and also getting and installing the latest ZWO drivers from

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers

Hopefully once everything is up to date then the camera will start working. If still no luck, check out our guide to USB troubleshooting

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

Hope this helps, Robin