No image with Altair 183C in SharpCap 3.2

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
rickland1313

No image with Altair 183C in SharpCap 3.2

Post by rickland1313 »

Hello,

My Altair 183C works with Astro Photography Tool, and SharpCap 3.1, however, when running v. 3.2 I cannot get an image. The camera is there and when I click on it SC starts the looping, but there is nothing on the screen. I have tried my best to compare what is set in 3.1 to 3.2 but have not found anything that I can tell is different. I am thinking there is something simple I just haven't found, could anyone point me in a direction to find a solution. Thanks, Rick

Oh, question, can v. 3.1 AND 3.2 both be installed on the same computer, not both running at the same time of course?

TX
admin
Site Admin

Re: No image with Altair 183C in SharpCap 3.2

Post by admin »

Hi,

Having the two different versions of SharpCap installed on the same machine should give you no problems. You can even run them both at the same time as long as they don't try to connect the same camera.

The first thing I would look at in your situation is to see if the frame count is incrementing in the bottom left-hand corner. If it isn't then check that the exposure hasn't been set to some ridiculously long value and also check out the USB troubleshooting tips on this page viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

If the frame count is going up then images arriving from the camera but they are black for some reason – perhaps a good idea in that situation is to close the camera (you can do this from the camera menu) and then reopen it but hold down the <CTRL> key while you are reopening the camera – this stop SharpCap from loading any previously saved settings for the camera which might be causing a problem.

Hope this helps, Robin
rickland1313

Re: No image with Altair 183C in SharpCap 3.2

Post by rickland1313 »

Thanks for the fast response, I will look at that although I believe the frames are advancing but I will make sure, then try what you suggested.

Rick