Star color stretch with livestock

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Ronald

Star color stretch with livestock

Post by Ronald »

Last night Imaging with bout a 3/4 full moon had a good image building with live stack however the star color stretch button did not work or there's no change in the color of the image could this be from a bright sky? Everything else was working correctly including the color stretch but not the star stretch thanks for any help
admin
Site Admin

Re: Star color stretch with livestock

Post by admin »

Hi,

Two things that you can try when that sort of problem happens – one is to look at the log to see if any error messages appearing when you try to do the colour balance. If there are are messages then please let me know what they are which might help you fix the problem. The second one is to deliberately adjust the colour balance until it is very wrong and then see if the button puts the colour balance back towards defaults – i.e. is it doing anything at all.

Cheers, Robin
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Hi Robin
Well i found the problem with the star stretch I think. I have a zwo 224. so my wife reset the white balance red and blue to 50 on the right side image control . Now both of the color stretches work on the live stack histogram we had been trying to compensate for the green level and we're taking the red and blue to high values. So using the color bars 2 correct the green level, we left the white balance at a minimum adjustment everything works 100%
cheers Ronald
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ronald,

Good to hear that you found a setup that works nicely. Clear skies!

Cheers, Robin