Post by turfpit »

Bruce

Have a look under

File > SharpCap Settings > General tab -> Preferred Still Format

Dave
umasscrew39

Re: Dithering in non-live stacking mode

Post by umasscrew39 »

Perfect timing,Dave!! I am up in my observatory imaging the Cocoon Galaxy under a very bright moon. Thanks for uncramping my brain. It is working.

Thx again, Bruce
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

It just occurred to me that if I am using this workaround to dither that the darks and flats will NOT be applied and I would have to add them to the lights later in PixInsight similar to saving live stacking frames as FITS using Option 2. Is that correct? Or, does it act like saving individual frames where the darks and flats are applied to each exposure saved?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You are correct that darks and flats will not be applied to the file saved by SharpCap if you are using this workaround. The main point of this option in SharpCap live stacking to save your frame is to allow you to come back later and do a complete reprocess on the same data.

Cheers, Robin
BillC2018

Post by BillC2018 »

Hi Robin,
Quick question, was reading up on how to trigger dithering, what I normally do is view the live stack, and enable "save individual frames" which get saved in a "rawframes" folder . so I assumed they were not affected by any settings I make to the 'stack'. Reading through this discussion made me go hmm . I should ask :) Is my assumption correct .. 'rawframes' are truly raw and unaffected by the various stack adjustments I can make?

Thanks

Bill
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

BillC2018 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:35 pm Hi Robin,
Quick question, was reading up on how to trigger dithering, what I normally do is view the live stack, and enable "save individual frames" which get saved in a "rawframes" folder . so I assumed they were not affected by any settings I make to the 'stack'. Reading through this discussion made me go hmm . I should ask :) Is my assumption correct .. 'rawframes' are truly raw and unaffected by the various stack adjustments I can make?

Thanks

Bill
you are correct...the files are raw. You can save the stack with or without adjustments too if you would like.

See here https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Left%20Panel