OCC Not there

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
DrJeff

OCC Not there

Post by DrJeff »

As a Newbie - One frustration that I have in learning new software that new equipment needs to operate is when videos on the topic don't match the actual software that I'm trying to learn. For instance in one video the presenter gets to the Camera Contol Panel and starts with the Capture Profiles and tells us to select the default setting "OCC". My SharpCap doesn't have an OCC. It has the last ten or more files that I attempted recording since purchasing my camera but no OCC. The Camera Controls section is different that kind of thing. I purchased the Revolution Imager 2 that uses SharpCap and their website posted an instructional video of how to use SharpCap and their SharpCap doesn't look like mine (Version 3.2.6137.0). Perhaps I should purchase SharpCap Pro and all the functions that are in videos will be there. I don't know...perhaps someone can help me out.
admin
Site Admin

Re: OCC Not there

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm certainly not familiar with use of the abbreviation OCC in relation to SharpCap. I suspect that the video author has created their own saved settings in the capture profile area and named it "OCC' (presumably it meant something to them!). If that's the case then this is a personal thing created by the author of the video, not part of SharpCap itself.

Just as a note, buying the pro version of SharpCap doesn't magically make new features appear – everything that is available in the pro version of SharpCap is available to try out in the free version with some small limitations (for instance in the free version you cannot access the last adjustment stage of polar alignment and you cannot save images once you use certain pro features).

Cheers, Robin