Sigma setting

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
melvin

Sigma setting

Post by melvin »

Hi, I do not have the pro version of Sharpcap but whilst trying to plate solve, the system advised me to change the setting for Sigma in the Sharpcap settings but for the life of me I cannot find any Sigma settings. Do I need the pro version before these settings show?
BlackWikkett

Re: Sigma setting

Post by BlackWikkett »

SC-Sigma.png
SC-Sigma.png (27.29 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
You'll find the sigma setting in the main SharpCap settings then click plate solving tab.

Before adjusting this I would do the following.
- at your current settings attempt a plate solve and watch the info ribbon at the top of the image window in SharpCap and see how many stars are detected during a plate solve attempt. If you miss it you can find it in the logs (logs found in help menu)
- aim for plate solving to see 20 - 30 stars but not too many as this will make the solve take longer
- adjust your gain and exposure time until you get a good star count, go high gain and lower exposure, you want this to go fast

example with my RC6 with reducer using a focal length of 1032 and the ZWO ASI294 MC Pro I use exp 4 sec, gain 400-450 and usually get a plate solve in 10 sec or less. This is using astrotortilla integration with SharpCap.

Good luck
-Chris
melvin

Post by melvin »

Thanks Chris I will change that. It does seem strange that the bar at the top of the page says ‘sigma’ but that word does not appear on the page you pointed out. Just one more question, to get the pro licence is it a monthly or yearly payment and how much is it?
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Plate solving is not a pro feature far as I can tell.

Pro is yearly charge of $15 USD (check the link if you use a different currency) https://store.astrosharp.co.uk/Store/Li ... rrency=USD

Also check that you have the latest version installed here https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

-Chris