CPWI + SharpCap

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
RocketStars

CPWI + SharpCap

Post by RocketStars »

Hi!

I have already used SharpCap with CPWI for scope control. Very nicely integrated slew, plate solve function, direct in SharpCap.

CPWI, Celestron PlaneWave Instruments. Has released a new version. That is so much better. Feels very serious now.
I don't think there is a need for another planetary program anymore. Almost as "pretty" as Stellarium. CDC is still more in functionality.
But if you need a program for scope control. And a planetarium function for object finding, point and shoot. This is now a very strong contender.
I did find last night when testing. My mount (AVX) moved more precise and nicer. Not same problems as before,. Being far away from objects, when doing all star aligning. Improved calibration menu also. Feels very much as a, well... Close to a more "pro" software.
I think I like where this is going!!

I can recommend anybody using a Celestron mount and SharpCap together. To give it a go. Its free to download and use.

Robin, hurry up with sequencing.. ;)
Frank Leonard

Re: CPWI + SharpCap

Post by Frank Leonard »

I am having a very hard time getting Sharpcap to recognize either CPWI or my AVX mount. CPWI is connected with the mount, but try as I might, I cannot get Sharpcap to recognize and connect to the mount. After reading different forums, I have deleted, downloaded, and reinstalled CPWI, and Sharpcap, to no avail. I have the Ascom platform, APT, and appropriate Celestron drivers installed, again, all to no avail. All that shows up in File-Settings-Hardware is "None" and "On Camera ST4." Any help that anyone can provide would be so very much appreciated! Thank you! Frank Leonard.
admin
Site Admin

Re: CPWI + SharpCap

Post by admin »

Hi,

do you have the ASCOM platform installed (and up to date to version 6.5?) If you are only seeing ST4 then it sounds like you don't have it.

cheers,

Robin

PS: Sequencer : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3109 and viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3620