Where is the Selection Rectangle?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Whixson

Where is the Selection Rectangle?

Post by Whixson »

I'm trying to do the sensor analysis and it tells me to place the selection rectangle on a representative area. Try as I might, I can't find a selection rectangle. Only two small red arrows pointing at each other a short distance apart at an angle. i can sort of move them but can enlarge or shrink the distance between them. Where the heck is the rectangle?

Wayne
BlackWikkett

Re: Where is the Selection Rectangle?

Post by BlackWikkett »

SC-selection-tool.png
SC-selection-tool.png (20.36 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
Clicking the indicated icon on the SharpCap tool bar will open the ROI selection. It may open covering the full screen. You'll want to resize as needed.

-Chris
Whixson

Post by Whixson »

Thanks Chris. Initially after I started Sensor Analysis though, that button is grayed out. I had to turn on one of the special effects Fx unrelated to the analysis then a tiny indicator appeared between the two arrows I mentioned. Was finally able to grab that and enlarge it! Now it stays there even when I don’t select a FX

Thanks again, Wayne
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

The selection area can deliberately be made quite small, which has the unfortunate side effect of making it difficult to see when you are zoomed out on a high resolution image. In order to make it more noticeable I added the arrows that point to it fairly recently – those arrows appear if the size of the selection box on the screen drops below a certain threshold. Just to make things more interesting, if you are zoomed in and not seeing the whole of the image then the selection box could be in the part of the image that you can't see at the moment. I did experiment with adding some more arrows that would point in the direction of the box when it was out of view, but it didn't work very well so I abandoned that idea.

Cheers, Robin