Connecting to a Mount

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
smithn00

Connecting to a Mount

Post by smithn00 »

I use SiTechExe to control my mount. I use the DDL supplied By SiTechServo. I have SharpCap set up to connect to mount at camera selection. The connection occurs, there are no error messages, but some functions don't work.
Connect, STOP and tracking rate, plate solve do work.
Direction arrows, slew rate, spiral search don't work.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to a Mount

Post by admin »

Hi,

When you say that these functions don't work, are the buttons disabled (greyed out)? If that's the case it could be because your mount driver doesn't support MoveAxis command which all of these functions rely upon. This command is optional for Ascom drivers, so while most support it and allow these features to work, some don't.

Cheers, Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

The direction arrows are active (not greyed out), They just don't move the mount.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Are you by any chance using some sort of remote control programme to access the PC that is running SharpCap? There have been issues in the past with certain remote access applications and those particular buttons which seems to be related to the way the buttons work (holding them down keeps the mount moving into it you let go).

If you are not using any remote access software then the next step would be to capture the SharpCap log and send it to me. Please go to the settings and turn on the option to capture extra information to the log that is near the bottom of the first page of settings before opening the camera as that will increase the chance of being able to spot the problem the first time round.

Cheers, Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

No remote processing.
I will get a log tonight.
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

Log files attached.
Attachments
Log_2020-04-03T20_43_52-12380.log
(70.82 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Log_2020-04-03T20_44_53-2320.log
(72.27 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Unfortunately all I'm seeing in those log files are a vast number of messages caused by windows reporting your QHY5III camera being added/removed repeatedly (as though it has been unplugged and re-plugged in again, although I suspect a poor connection is more likely the cause). There are no events in the log relating to opening the camera or communicating with the Ascom mount driver. Perhaps some of the log content got cut off?

Cheers, Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

Hope this is this.
Attachments
Log_2020-04-05T13_05_33-11376.log
(8.08 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Still nothing useful in the log I'm afraid – I've sent you a private message with more info to help you get the right log information to me.

Cheers, Robin