Smart Histogram feature, ZWO's 385MC data vs SharpCap Sensor Analysis comparison

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
rnyboy

Smart Histogram feature, ZWO's 385MC data vs SharpCap Sensor Analysis comparison

Post by rnyboy »

I just finished doing the SharpCap Sensor Analysis for my ZWO ASI385MC and was surprised how closely it matched ZWO's published data. So I was wondering if that's a general outcome for most CMOS/CCD cameras when comparing the manufacture's data to that obtained from SharpCap? If yes, why not have SharpCap Pro use the manufacture's data as the default when using the Smart Histogram Brain feature unless a user specifically runs a sensor analysis for their own camera as a replacement file. It seems that would let people start using the "Brain" feature immediately.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Histogram feature, ZWO's 385MC data vs SharpCap Sensor Analysis comparison

Post by admin »

Hi,

The graph that you see for the gain, read noise, etc is only part of the data that is needed for the brain functions to work – for instance details of the bias frame ADU level at various gains and offset values are also needed. SharpCap actually ships with pre-done analysis for over 100 models of camera and more get added as I can accumulate the data required into new versions of SharpCap.

Cheers, Robin