HELP! Screen Door

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
fyrblade

HELP! Screen Door

Post by fyrblade »

Hi there,

I was out a few nights ago and shot Jupiter, Saturn, and then a 9 piece mosaic of the moon. When I returned inside to process, my images appear to be shot through a screen door (see attached).

https://flic.kr/p/WiTmtF

What can I do to fix this? I really hope to not lose those 3 hours :(
admin
Site Admin

Re: HELP! Screen Door

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have captured in RAW format (which is a good thing), but you are looking at the images without telling the viewing software to debayer the RAW image into a full colour image. Various programs can do this including PIPP, AutoStakkert, Registax. With some of these programs you will need to tell them to debayer by setting an option.

Dave (turfpit) has a guide to debayering using PIPP that he was planning to publish, but I'm not sure he has uploaded it yet - watch out for it when he does publish it in the Tutorials section.

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Have a look at this post viewtopic.php?f=19&t=228. The key PIPP screen is shown for the Debayer settings. RGGB was used for a ZWO ASI224 camera. This might be different depending on the camera/vendor. Just drag the file (or files) into PIPP and set the appropriate Debayer in the screen shown in the other post. Don't forget to select the appropriate output type for your needs.

The document for this will be along next week.

Also have a look at https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp ... /example1A.

Dave
fyrblade

Post by fyrblade »

Thank you VERY much!! That did the trick! PIPP is a godsend!

I have another question I'll start in another thread :)