Temperature Compensation?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
ralf.horn

Temperature Compensation?

Post by ralf.horn »

Hello friends of the night,
I have a new SestSenso Focuser (previous Version, without WLAN).
General function is working well with SharpCap (V. 3.2.6137), but temperature compensation does not work, although I can put in the related parameters in the ASCOM Interface. Primaluce (Vendor of the SestoSenso) states something that this feature has to be enabled on the application side.
Any help on that?

Thanks!
Ralf
admin
Site Admin

Re: Temperature Compensation?

Post by admin »

Hi,

You are correct – there is no checkbox currently in SharpCap to enable the temperature compensation mode of a focuser. In some focuses I have seen this functionality can be turned on in the Ascom configuration dialogue for the focuser, but I guess that's not the case for your particular model. Thanks for making me aware of this.

Cheers, Robin
ralf.horn

Post by ralf.horn »

Hi Robin, thanks for your reply.
In the Sharpcap config dialog of the focuser, I can set the checkmark to enable temperature-compensation! Also other parameters like steps per degree Celsius and the Hysteresis.
But nothing happens, when I cool down the sensor. Sensor sems to work as I can read the temperature in the native app.
Curiously, the native app does not provide temp compensation, manual redirects to ASCOM Applications.
Any chance to get it working?

Thanks, Bye
Ralf
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ralf,

please download and try the latest version of SharpCap - I added a check box to turn on/off temperature compensation if the ASCOM driver supports it. I have no idea if it will work properly though (that part is up to the ASCOM driver).

Robin
ralf.horn

Post by ralf.horn »

Hi Robin,
Cool, it is working now, just checked with my ice-bag.
Thanks and both thumbs up for this very quick fix!!

Bye
Ralf