SC and the New ZWO ASILive.

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
donboy

Re: SC and the New ZWO ASILive.

Post by donboy »

Even though ASILIve has no manual adjustment of color balance it always (for me) balances the color, even when I change light pollution filters. I'm never able to get a color balance in SC using the the Red & Blue in Image Controls; there is never enough Red adjustment. Yes it does balance eventually when using Live Stacking but requires manual tweaking to get it right; even with the latest SC updates, and if the red is really weaker than the blue the Live Stack Auto Color Balance over compensates and adds way too much red, (Auto color balance still exhibits a non linear response). I've brought this inability to balance color in Image Control issue several times with ZWO & here and my response I get is that it is the other party that is not providing the means or the settings to obtain a color balance.

This inability to balance color I believe also greatly affects flats in SC, especially with the ZWO ASI294 that is extremely finicky when it comes to color balance vs. exposure/gain settings.

Don