Purchased Pro License -missing feature like Smart Histogram

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
carlosgib

Purchased Pro License -missing feature like Smart Histogram

Post by carlosgib »

Hi, I purchased the pro license downloading was fine with the latest version, however I do not seem to have the Smart-Histogram feature included, or I am missing something.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Charles
admin
Site Admin

Re: Purchased Pro License -missing feature like Smart Histogram

Post by admin »

Hi,

Depending on the model of camera that you are using, you may need to run the sensor analysis tool on the camera before the smart histogram becomes available. Please note that WebCams and cameras that you are using via a WebCam (direct show) driver are not supported by either the sensor analysis tool or the smart histogram because it is impossible to make fine adjustments to the exposure.

Hope this helps, Robin
carlosgib

Post by carlosgib »

Thanks Robin, another question, is there a list available showing the type of cameras that works with Smart Histogram ???, or this is a try and error approached.

Best

Charles
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Charles,

That should be any type of camera that SharpCap supports directly – that is most models by Altair, Basler, Celestron, iNova, Moravian, PointGrey, QHY, StarlightXpress and ZWO

Additionally any camera that works correctly via an Ascom driver should give this functionality. It's difficult to be sure in advance whether an Ascom driver camera will work perfectly as every manufacturer seems to have a different idea of how the Ascom standard should be implemented... The best approach with Ascom drivers is to try things out and see if it works.

Cheers, Robin
carlosgib

Post by carlosgib »

Thanks Robin.

Charles