Plate Solving Hand Control

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
pjwack

Plate Solving Hand Control

Post by pjwack »

Hi-
I have a celestron mount with USB connection. If I goto a target using the hand control and then adjust the position via sharpcap plate solving, will this work, or does the scope need to be controlled via planeterium software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate Solving Hand Control

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that should work. The plates solving remembers the current target that the telescope is pointing at, then does the plate solve and re-synchronises, and finally does go to back to the coordinates of the original target. As long as your mount supports talking to the computer and using the hand control at the same time then you should be fine.

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Can confirm this works using iOptron CEM25 and CEM60 and should work with any mount that SC can communicate with. I use this procedure after PA to do a 1-3 star alignment. Pick the alignment star via hand controller then in SharpCap make sure the mount is connected and click the plate solve button in mount control in the left hand control panel.
pjwack

Post by pjwack »

Thanks. Switching between the hand control and Plate solver works. To avoid some issues with the hand control alignment options, I found it better to choose my alignment option first and then plug into the hand control.