Feature request two cameras

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
anonymouse

Feature request two cameras

Post by anonymouse »

Hi,
I am using the ZWO120 mini camera with 2nd Scope and ST4 mount motors as an autoguider, and a sony Alpha as main camera. I have got a setup working with a windows tablet PC. The Sony can capture pictures at regular intervals using Sonys Imaging Edge app. The USB 3.0 hub seems fast enough.

Would it be possible to use SharpCap to autoguide using the ZWO, and to live stack using still pictures coming from the Sony (via the filesystem)?
Seeing as autoguiding via the Sony seems to be so non-trivial...
Like I want to combine things I have a feeling are deliberately designed not to want to work in combination?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature request two cameras

Post by admin »

Hi,

The best solution here is to use two different applications – can you SharpCap to run the stacking as you suggest by picking up the files from the file system and I would recommend using PHD2 to do the guiding by the ZWO camera.

SharpCap isn't going to support opening two cameras at once in the future, but you can always run two or more copies of SharpCap at the same time each talking to a single camera. Just don't try to make them all talk to the same camera!

Cheers, Robin