64 bit vs 32 bit

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
MikeHuerto

Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit

Post by MikeHuerto »

Hi Dave

Yes, that my machine (mine is second-hand ca. 2015 vintage with no built in WIFI - I use a WIFI dongle)

I'm also doing short exposures - but prefer to do it with Live Stacking (aka EAA) since I just don't have the time or desire to sit down and process images. Im also trying to set it up as demo party piece for friends and family! Seeing nebula just appear on the screen in real time is pretty cool. That why I'm really sold on SC and its Live Stack feature.

I'm just starting out with this, but here's what I got with 75 X 800 ms live stacked with SC. I was pretty happy with it.

https://astrob.in/1gdt09/0/

No other processing done, except slight cropping in Mac preview. I really like the way the SC Live Stack function automatically stacks, and subtracts dark fields and spits out the image - ready to move on to the next DSO.

I am building a list of small DSOs to capture using the same protocol.

And thanks for the link to Emil's stuff. I've been using AS and RS for planets so far (FYI AS and RS work fine on the PC with only 4 MB ram :) )

Best

Mike

PS. Not sure my focus is spot on so I'm trying to make my own Bahtinov mask at the moment.
Bortle 5
Skywatcher GOTO Synscan 14" Dobson
Skywatcher 130PDS on HEQ5
ZWOASI224MC and ASI294MCPro
Laptop = Lenovo Legion 5 FullHD 144Hz (Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA RTX2060-6GB, Windows 10
turfpit

Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit

Post by turfpit »

Mike

The image looks ok. M42 is a big object but as Spring arrives, we move into the Season of Galaxies. As you say the focus needs some work.

Have a look at https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/ba ... scroll=240. Astrozap have a option which might fit your scope - cost around £60. Have a look on eBay, I seen people who make customised masks. The money spent on a mask is the best money you will ever spend to improve images.

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1151 for how to use the Display Stretch in combination with a Bahtinov Mask to get the good focus.
I'm just starting out with this
Not a hobby for the faint hearted but plenty of satisfaction for those with the stamina to stick at it. I was just starting out 4 years ago!

Dave