Is there an error in the present SharpCap Manual?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
carlwagle

Is there an error in the present SharpCap Manual?

Post by carlwagle »

I'm reading for the umpteenth time the SharpCap Manual as I have made a couple of mistakes that I should have not made which proves my need for the review. It's a wonder how many things I could not work into my memory are now getting tucked away there. This is making me feel a little better realizing that complete understanding requires living through and overcoming some complete confusion.

But when I think I see a mistake in the manual that I think is Significant I hope the administrator will prove me wrong or rectify it.

This one (or two) is significant because I would like to learn what SharpCap can tell me about it being an aide to collimation or perhaps issue a warning that collimation could be better.

In the SharpCap Manual under Menu Bar you come to these two bits of info:

Collimation (Experimental)
This launches the experimental Collimation assistant which may help with collimation of Newtonian telescopes.

Feature Tracking (Experimental)
This launches the experimental Feature Tracking tool, which can guide your mount during Lunar/Solar/Planetary imaging to keep the target from drifting out of view.

When you click on the highlighted word, what comes up for both these subjects seems to me not to be related to either subject.

Carl Wagle
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there an error in the present SharpCap Manual?

Post by admin »

Ah, good spot. They both seem to be pointing to the section of the document before the one that they should.

I will try to get this fixed in the next update of the manual.

Cheers, Robin
carlwagle

Re: Is there an error in the present SharpCap Manual?

Post by carlwagle »

Ok Brian, so I understand the material pertaining to collumation is near by, just scroll a bit more down.
Over time you will see I'm really re-studying carefully that manual and I pray you will help me solve the horrible problem that is still the missing stacked pictures of M27.

I'm now going to reply to that subject right now. Carl