Sensor Analysis doesnt work for ZWO ASI294

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
jimmyjames

Sensor Analysis doesnt work for ZWO ASI294

Post by jimmyjames »

Running SharpCap on Windows 10

Getting three(3) error messages:

1. Exposure time is too close to minimum exposure value. I tried .064 ms and 49.1 ms

2. Consider restarting with lower light levels

3. Selected area too small. Please select a larger area.

Any Help with the errors?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis doesnt work for ZWO ASI294

Post by admin »

Hi,

The last one is the easiest, just use your mouse to make the red selection area box bigger until the message about the selection area being too small goes away. Remember that the measurements are only taken from pixels within that box so you can move it around to find a nice evenly illuminated area of the image.

To get the right level of illumination, set minimum gain on the camera and then set an exposure time of somewhere around 0.5 to 1 second, and then adjust the illumination until that gives a reasonable histogram peak somewhere between 50% and 75% of maximum. That should ensure that the maximum exposures during the sensor analysis run will be roughly that 0.5 to 1 second exposure that you have started off with. Hopefully that will also avoid the error where the exposure gets so short (near to the minimum value) that SharpCap can no longer make accurate adjustments to exposure which are needed to complete the sensor analysis calculations.

Cheers, Robin
jimmyjames

Re: Sensor Analysis doesnt work for ZWO ASI294

Post by jimmyjames »

Thank you, I was able to do a sensor analysis.

Hopefully, at my next observation I hope to see the results.

Thank You