Problem with colors following sensor analysis

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
umasscrew39

Problem with colors following sensor analysis

Post by umasscrew39 »

I was using my ASI294MC Pro and it was working fine. I decided to check out the smart histogram but then clicked on the "brain" and the box popped up to do a sensor analysis. I started it but changed my mind and closed out. Unfortunately, changes were made before I realized it, like 27s exposure at 500 gain. So, my images were all messed up, mostly white or pale blue screens. How do I change it back to what it was for the 294MC originally? I noticed in the documentation states that changes are saved and will open up the next time you log in. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall SC to get it back to what it was? I do not want to try and do the sensor analysis.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with colors following sensor analysis

Post by admin »

Hi,

The sensor analysis procedure does change a number of the settings on your camera and may not put them back if you cancel out partway through the procedure.

The most likely ones to be changed include

Exposure, gain, white balance, brightness, gamma

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to try closing the camera from within SharpCap by selecting the 'close camera' option from the menu, then reselect the camera but hold down the CONTROL key while doing so. By holding down the control key your telling SharpCap not to reload the last settings which should set the camera settings back to their defaults.

Hope this helps, Robin
umasscrew39

Re: Problem with colors following sensor analysis

Post by umasscrew39 »

Thanks, Robin

That worked- back to normal.

Bruce