Night Mode

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
umasscrew39

Night Mode

Post by umasscrew39 »

I must be half blind but I cannot find where to turn SC into night mode to have the screen dark with the orange lettering. Where is the button to switch this on?
turfpit

Re: Night Mode

Post by turfpit »

File > Sharpcap Settings > General tab

night-vision-setting.PNG
night-vision-setting.PNG (29.33 KiB) Viewed 2749 times

Dave
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Thank you!!!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Or just press F12 while SharpCap is running to toggle between light and dark modes.

Cheers, Robin
carlwagle

Post by carlwagle »

I just tried to simulate being outside by using one of the two practice cameras offered by SharpCap. I wanted to see how this night vision worked so after getting the pretend camera on I went to the far left corner and clicked on FILE then slipped my mouse down into the immediate next box which said settings which gave me the opportunity to click on the line pertaining to choosing night color vision on. But I could not keep the check mark active. Anytime I left this screen and came back to it the box was found to be unchecked. As expected I never saw any change in the screen helping save night vision. What am I doing wrong?

Today I found something I will be using on my Dell,, WINDOWS 10 system out in the field. From its SETTINGS you can find a slider bar that will control screen brightness. Carl
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Carl

After selecting Night Mode, click on the Apply button. Alternatively, as Robin stated above, use F12 to toggle Night Mode on/off.

For screen brightness on my capture laptops (Toshiba & Lenovo) I use a combination of the Fn key and screen brightness Up/Down buttons. The Dell will have the same functionality.

Dave
carlwagle

Post by carlwagle »

I was out last night capturing what I could when I remembered to give this night light control a try. Yep, hitting apply got it right. It certainly is a nice feature to relieve your eyes from the screaming screen. I like it here in the den too. Carl