Not Responding w Test Cam or ZWO

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Luciferini

Not Responding w Test Cam or ZWO

Post by Luciferini »

Hi, had my SharpCap working with my ZWO1600CC Pro in the fall and came back and now everytime I connect to it I get (Not Responding) then it goes away and comes back. To troubleshoot I force close the app and re-open wiht the camera disconnected. Then connect the Deep Sky test cam and I still get the (not responding) message. The only thing that happened since the fall were windows 10 updates. I have the latest SharpCap 3.1.5219.0.

Thoughts? Did I forget a step to run something before I open SharpCap? I had just started to use this program in the fall before I put it away so may have forgotten something, but this seems like a problem if I cant even open the deep space test cam.

Thanks for any advice.

Jason
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not Responding w Test Cam or ZWO

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think the first thing to try would be installing the very latest SharpCap version 3.2 (you have the later SharpCap 3.1 which is probably getting on for nearly a year old now).

Another thing to look at is to see if you have set up any hardware in the Ascom hardware configuration tab of SharpCap. If you set up some hardware but it is now missing or not responding on your computer then it might cause SharpCap to freeze up while trying to open the camera.

Cheers, Robin
Luciferini

Re: Not Responding w Test Cam or ZWO

Post by Luciferini »

Thanks. I will check those things out.

Jason