Lost Ioptron Mount control after todays update.

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
pessemist

Lost Ioptron Mount control after todays update.

Post by pessemist »

Got an update popup from SharpCap when I opened the program this afternoon.

I loaded the update and then got an error message for mount control. I have an Ioptron45 Pro Mount. WIN 10 Dell Laptop

I can load the Ioptron Commander Controller after rebooting the computer and it controls the mount just fine. After I open Sharpcap (after upgrade) the mount controls give an error message. If I try and go back to the Ioptron Commander Control, it no longer responds. I have to reboot at that point. Even after closing the Sharpcap program I Commander still freezes up.

Up till last night (before the last update) everything worked perfectly.

Any suggestions on a fix? So far I reloaded the Commander aSCoM program from Ioptron and it works fine---unless I open the Sharpcap program, in which case it stops working altogether. Only get error messages when trying to control mount from within Sharpcap. Commander software ust freezes up after opening Sharpcap and tabbing back to it.

Thanks!

Doug Schwan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost Ioptron Mount control after todays update.

Post by admin »

Hi,

did you catch what the message said - a screenshot would be best to show all the info.

thanks,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost Ioptron Mount control after todays update.

Post by admin »

Sorry, an extra couple of questions for you...

1) Have you tried installing the latest ASCOM platform (6.4)

2) What version of SharpCap were you on before the update (if you can remember) - it will help narrow down possible causes by letting me track what changes were in the update you applied

thanks,

Robin