Sensor Analysis not saved

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
markmac99

Sensor Analysis not saved

Post by markmac99 »

According to the docs, sensor analysis is supposed to be saved.
I've tried a few times now, but it never seems to save it !
Is there some trick to this?

Using:
Sharpcap Pro 3.1.5193
Hypercam 183C
Mark M
---
Equipment:
Hypercam183C, modded EOS1100D, ASI120MM
Altair RC8, WO ZS70, PST
NEQ6 and EQ5, both on fixed piers
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis not saved

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap saves the sensor analysis for later use in the 'Smart Histogram' function which helps you optimize your deep sky sub-exposure length based on the measured characteristics of your sensor. If you use that feature then you will see extra guide marks in the histogram header and a 'brain' button that can be used for more detailed calculations. One of the graph tabs in the 'brain' window shows the sensor analysis graph.

cheers,

Robin
markmac99

Post by markmac99 »

Hi Robin
that wasn't quite what I was asking :)

Initially I ran sensor analysis, went straight to smart histogram, and the 'brain' icon was present. All fine.
I then exited Sharpcap and went back in and the brain icon had vanished. Arg. It looked like Sharpcap was losing the analysis on exit.

However after checking the logs and seeing no errors. I found the json file on my hard drive so I realised it wasn't being lost at all - Sharpcap just wasn't reading it at startup.

I tried all sorts, changing the duration, switching binning modes after startup, closing and reopening the camera, etc etc. Nothing seemed to help.
However I finally figured it out!

My default config for the camera was set to bin 2x2. On a whim I switched my default to 1x1 and lo and behold, Sharpcap read in the analysis when I restarted it. I had to actually change the default profile, just changing it after startup wasn't enough, but now even if i switch to 2x2 binning it still keeps the analysis so I can use smart histogram without having to re-analyse the sensor every session. Whew!

Anyway it looks like possibly a bug with the routine to read the analysis back in?
It seems that it only reads it if the camera opens with a default of 1x1 binning.
rgds
Mark M
---
Equipment:
Altair RC8, WO ZS70, PST
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mark,

OK, gotcha now - as you say it sounds like it is not reading the data correctly if the camera is in binning mode on startup - I will investigate.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mark,

testing in the latest SharpCap 3.2 beta I don't see this problem - can you retry with the latest beta version and if you still see the problem then send me the SharpCap log (captured after the problem happened).

thanks,

Robin
markmac99

Post by markmac99 »

Will do it this weekend :)
Mark M
---
Equipment:
Altair RC8, WO ZS70, PST
markmac99

Post by markmac99 »

Robin - I realised I didn't need to rerun the analysis so tested with 3.2.5718 and can confirm the issue seems to be solved - thanks !
Mark M
---
Equipment:
Altair RC8, WO ZS70, PST