How do I get free of the Pro License?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
carlwagle

How do I get free of the Pro License?

Post by carlwagle »

When I applied for my license back in April of this year I read in the information about the process of application how I could cease having or discontinue using it in the future. I can't find this info anywhere now and hope you can inform me of the steps I need to take.

I think the stacking problem I've mentioned earlier under I CAN"T GET (or see) A STACKED IMAGE OF M27 could have started when I obtained this license. I don't mind renewing and paying about $15.00 over again if I find that I'm wrong and I have confidence that I can reorder it without getting the same problem all over again. Even if I do get the problem a second time it would only be a total of $30.00 lost. No complaints,, my peace of mind is worth that.

One question though: Can I still use SC in the same limited way I did before I obtained the Pro License without reapplying in some way? Carl Wagle
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I get free of the Pro License?

Post by admin »

Hi,

When you buy a SharpCap Pro license for £10/$15/€12, what you get is access to the SharpCap Pro features for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you let the licence run out and don't renew then SharpCap will go back to being the free version automatically after the 12 months have run out – you won't need to do anything at this point.

Remember that the pro licence gives you access to some of the advanced features in SharpCap – if you try to access these features without a licence you will get a warning from the programme telling you that you can try the features out but you won't be able to save any captured images if you decide to try them out without a licence. What the pro licence doesn't do and has never done is fix bugs or make the basic features work better – if you find something doesn't work properly in SharpCap in the free version then adding a pro licence will not help you.

Cheers, Robin
carlwagle

Post by carlwagle »

Robin, please re read what I wrote. Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I thought I had…

If you want to go back to the free version then just don't continue paying for the licence in future and when it runs out you will be back on the free version. If you want to go back to the free version now just remove the licence text entirely from the licence window.

Cheers, Robin
carlwagle

Post by carlwagle »

Thank you Robin.

I will get started on removing the licence text entirely from the licence window very soon. Carl